Metro Auctions: All employees of Metro Auctions and any associated entities
The individual right to privacy is important to Metro Auctions. In collecting personal information on clients, we acknowledge that we must state clearly what the parameters of use of that personal information.
This policy sets out clear guidelines to the use of personal information that we will adhere to. The policy applies to all persons who provide personal information to Metro Auctions web platform.
Metro Auctions welcomes any questions, comments or concerns concerning this policy and is mindful of possible breaches of this policy especially in relation to the application of computer technology and the internet. Where possible we will use secure links where personal information is transferred over the internet.
Please contact Metro Auctions in the first instance so that any complaints or concerns can be dealt with in a way satisfactory to all parties.
2. Policy Scope
The policy covers all persons who register in or with Metro Auctions or it's associated entities. It also applies to independent businesses who use Metro Auctions services and who explicitly agree to the terms and conditions of its use. Users who become customers of third parties agree to passing on their personal information to them on the basis of this policy.
3. Collection of Data
Metro Auctions will collect personal data from registrants in a way that is transparent and lawful. We will make available to any registrant, upon request and given a reasonable time frame, any and all personal information held by us. Metro Auctions will update and/or amend information found to be inaccurate or remove if requested by the individual.
Information which could be collected includes:
- Name, address, and contact details if applicable
- Participation details
- Other information applicable to the administration of the Metro Auctions services
- Subscription status
How data may be collected
- Direct uploading into the Metro Auctions system using current client lists of new enquiries.
- Input from enquiries from hard copy forms provided to Metro Auctions staff and agents.
- Subscription based contact forms provided on Metro Auctions websites by interested parties.
4. Purpose and Use of Data
Data collected from registrants will be used for three purposes:
Personal data will be used to communicate with managers, staff, and third parties which they may be involved in lawful business with Metro Auctions.
Personal data will be accessed, amended and otherwise managed for the purpose of administration of services, activities or other business reasons related to Metro Auctions.
Information of personal nature may be collated for purposes of developing and planning and improving service delivery in the form of new products and services and more effective communications. This will be done without reference to any particular individual and done on an aggregated basis.
Data may also be used for notification of new or existing services where Metro Auctions believes the individual may be interested in and where the individual has not previously unsubscribed.
Opportunity will be given to individuals to unsubscribe at all time
- Metro Auctions NEVER sells or grants access to individual data to any third parties unless required to do so by law.
5. Data Access
Metro Auctions will not permit the access or use of any data held by a third party unless express permission is sought and received or where Metro Auctions is obligated under law to do so. Also:
- No Metro Auctions employee or contractor or any staff or official of any subscribers to the Metro Auctions service will access any personal record unless there is a purpose in doing so.
- This purpose must relate to the administration of the person's record as it relates to their registration with Metro Auctions.
- Metro Auctions staff who have access to personal data will be required to abide by this policy and will be trained in its application
- We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that data is secure from unauthorized use.
- Any use of the data in the public domain will be done so where no individual could be identified (eg use of statistics in public submissions etc)
- Businesses and other entities which use Metro Auctions as a website or management platform explicitly agree to the terms of this policy
- Data contained in the Metro Auctions database cannot be sold or shared with third parties
- Metro Auctions will / may delete data which is left unused for a period of two years
- This privacy protection policy can be down loaded by anyone wishing to use it, when in association with Metro Auctions and its associated entities.
- This policy will continue to be under review in light of new legislation or other developments with respect to privacy.
- Direct all enquiries, comments or complaints relating to this policy to the following:
PO Box 2747,
Ascot Q 4007